A Powerful, Flexible Website for Less? Try a WordPress Website.
We’ve been doing quite a few websites lately. Some new ones for new clients and some redos for older clients. Without exception, saving money was a big consideration for everyone who has asked us to help with either a new site or a site overhaul. A great solution is a WordPress Website.
Over the past couple of years we’ve been working with a very cool open-source platform (read free) called WordPress. Technically blog software, WordPress can be used as a powerful, yet easy-to-use, content management system (CMS). Website developers are building whole websites with it. This website is a WordPress website as is a recently-launched website we did for Zanya Spa Salon.
There are loads of reasons to like WordPress. Here are my top four:
- WordPress is inexpensive to develop. WordPress allows us to build websites that have a much shorter development time. That means fewer hours for us and substantial savings for you.
- WordPress is powerful. With hundreds of free plugins available, WordPress can do just about anything. From comprehensive search engine optimization (SEO) to couldn’t-be-simpler video, there are probably WordPress plugins that’ll work for you.
- WordPress gives you control of your website. The robust administration area lets you manage your website yourself. You can edit, delete or create new pages; add video; or even change the menu. If you aren’t interested in maintaining your site on your own, we can do it for you, all that much more efficiently due to WordPress’ strong administration area.
- WordPress is easy to use. Unlike many content management systems (CMS), WordPress is not super complicated or overkill for most business websites, yet it’s very feature rich.
But wait, there’s more:
- WordPress is expandable. It’s easy to add new pages or entire new sections to a WordPress website.
- Add a blog, painlessly. Although you don’t have to, you can easily add a blog to your website.
- Great SEO. WordPress on its own works well with the major search engines. Adding a few free plugins makes it an SEO powerhouse.
- WordPress is secure. The standard installation of WordPress is quite secure, but the installation of a couple of free plugins make even more so.
- There are frequent updates. The WordPress developers are constantly improving and enhancing WordPress and its plugins. Once installed, the main installation and plugins can be updated with the click of a button.
- Edit your content anytime, anywhere. All you need is a browser and an Internet connection, anywhere in the world. Open a browser, navigate to your WordPress login page and edit away.
If you’ve thought about freshening up or redoing your existing website, if you want to manage your website yourself, or if you would like to add some power features your current website doesn’t offer, consider converting to a WordPress website.