River Graphics began in 1988 as a print-oriented graphic design firm. Existing technologies grew and new ones, like the Internet, took off. In 1995 we added website design to our list of services for our existing clients. Our interest in new technologies lets us combine strong technical know-how with great design. Owners Steven and Barbara Wolock stand by a strong commitment to exacting quality and great service.
Today, our work ranges from WordPress websites to reports and catalogs to large-scale exhibit work.
We’re proud of our top-notch graphic design, website design and outstanding, reliable service. We do what we say we’re going to do. We’re also very responsive. We answer the phone and call back right away when we’re not available. The same with e-mail. Our standard turnaround for changes is less than 24 hours, usually the same day.
We specialize in WordPress websites. WordPress is an amazing platform that can look like and do almost anything. There are many reasons we love WordPress but here are just a few:
- WordPress is powerful. With hundreds of free and commercial plugins available, WordPress can do just about anything. From comprehensive search engine optimization (SEO) to complex membership and e-commerce websites, there are WordPress plugins that will work for you.
- WordPress is mobile-friendly. Having a website that works well on mobile devices is critical. In fact the major search engines have begun to lower the rankings of non-mobile-friendly websites.
- WordPress gives you control of your website. Robust administration lets you manage your website yourself. You can edit, delete or create new pages; add video; even change the menu. If you aren’t interested in maintaining your site on your own, we can do it for you.
- WordPress is easy to use. Unlike many content management systems (CMS), WordPress is not super complicated or overkill for most business websites, yet it’s very feature rich.
- Great SEO. WordPress on its own works well with the major search engines. Adding a few plugins makes it an SEO powerhouse.
Two of the best things a WordPress website owner can do to help guard against hacking or other calamities (like server problems) is to 1) do regular offsite backups and 2) keep the WordPress core files, the plugins, and the themes up to date.
Backups: if your website is hacked, or if your web hosting server has a bad malfunction, reliable, easy-to-restore backups help you get back to normal fast.
Updates: it’s really important to keep your WordPress core files, the plugins, and the themes at the current version. New versions of the WordPress core files, plugins, and themes are released as often as every couple of weeks. They are usually security updates to help stop potential hacks and other malicious activity.
We offer two plans:
The backup plan stores backups of the WordPress files and database at a cloud server. Backups happen at least once a week and we generally keep 10 weeks of backups. One of the great things about the backup plugin we use is that it’s a cinch to restore a backup if disaster strikes.
The backup/updates plan includes backups but also keeps your WordPress core files, plugins, and themes current. The backup/updates plan also includes two security plugins that keep out uninvited guests.
Our print graphic design projects include: infographics; annual reports, data reports and information reports; charts, graphs and maps, brochures and catalogs; ads and packaging design; and display, trade show and exhibit graphics.
Every print project is available as an Adobe Acrobat PDF for electronic distribution like on your website or emailing. In fact many projects are just PDFs which can have links from one page to another page, links to web pages and videos, links to Microsoft Powerpoint presentations and links other PDFs.
An organization’s identity is how it presents itself to the world. Your organization’s logo and brand are the cornerstones of identity design. Its collateral, stationery and how your logo is used help define your identity. Some of the identity-related services we provide are:
- Brand and identity guidelines
- Logo and stationery design
- Collateral design
- Brochure design
- Catalog design
- Advertising design
- Packaging design
- Book design
- Display, trade show and exhibit graphics